View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone Using Cloud Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I think the powers that be at Avid grossly overestimated the demand for this feature, and also grossly overestimated the income they could derive from it. And I think they also grossly underestimated the cost and time required to add this feature. The word "boondoggle" comes to mind, and this is the kind of fiasco that usually puts key officers of the corporation out of work.
Probably. All the major studios would never use this due to NDA's and intellectual property. I think it's nice for hobbyists, but there have been several iterations of this type of thing thru Avid, REMEMBER Rocket Networks. That sunk.. I had a bit of fun with it, but it never really got off the ground either. I hope they can rethink this platform a bit more, but there are other things I wish they would focus on. Exportation of sessions to other DAW formats is a big one for me other than OMF or AAF. Just needs to be better for Pros. I usually just send the PT Selected tracks export to Dub Stage and that is good, but you always have to make sure all of your EQ's are either printed and Clip Gain Rendered for those older systems that might bring it in without automation, pan and un-rendered clip gain.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS