Thread: WT Automixer
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 02:06 AM

Default WT Automixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLewis View Post
I've been looking for a Pro Tools plug in for post that does what the Dan Dugan Automixer does with live mics. recently I have come accross this WTAUTOMIXER.com Does anyone out there know anything about it or has used it? I would be using it for post produced roundtable recordings and would want to off line bounce.

Thanks
Tom Lewis

Yes. I demoed it for the exact same purpose you’re wanting to use it for.

It works, but I’m undecided whether to get this or another I have also been demoing, TB Pro Audio AMM. I demoed this a while back and it did the job but wasn’t blown away. They’ve released a v2 of it and since demoing it, I’ve changed my mind. TBH - I think I didn’t really play with it enough first time round.

Which is better out of the two? Unsure. I’d like to put them side by side but WT AutoMixer only has a 7 day iLok demo which is well and truly expired. They both do what they say on the tin. AMM seems to have a few more parameters and is a tad cheaper. No iLok either if that floats your boat.

I’ve only ever used HW Dan Duggan and that obviously works really well. Very transparent. No idea what the Waves version sounds like for the reason you mentioned - no native version.

AFAIK, the two I mentioned are the only two plugin auto mixers on the market. I’ve done a lot of searching and they’re the only two I could find. Again, I’m not including the Waves DD version.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mi