View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Default Negative Pro Tools Vent

The reason why I get frustrated so often using pro tools as a creative tool is because of things like today. I launch PT 10 today to get creative and lay down some music and all the sudden it thinks I have no iLok. So now instead of being creative I've spent 20 minutes uninstalling and reinstalling ilok drivers.

The fact that this type of problem keeps happening across versions (i've beein buying and upgrading since PT6) and the basic features of the software barely changed other than a few accoutrements is infuriating.The first time any real substantial developments have happened are with PT11, which I was happy to buy, but FFS I am so frustrated with this kind of nonsense always happening. I mean PT11 is really just stuff that everyone else already got to market.

The fundamental flaw is that Avid developers don't think like the Steve Jobs of the world and consider the emotional component of running software.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)