View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 09:11 AM

Default So how does Avid Link and Collaboration work?

Trying to collaborate on a couple of mixes. I'm trying to download a mix to collaborate on through Protools, and also trying to upload a different mix to another friend to collaborate on.

Every time I try to upload the audio files, it tells me that the upload failed, or I get a "Hard Fail" error message. And the mix I'm trying to download doesn't seem to have any audio associated with it. We can't figure out what's going on.

Is there some problem with the Collaboration? I have the auto upload/download enabled, and my Avid Cloud Projects account keeps getting bigger/more storage used. But I can't seem to tell if any actual audio had uploaded.

Is that how this is supposed to work? Is my internet connection just too slow to be able to use the collaboration? (I'm on Satellite, and my upload speed is about 2.7Mbps up).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Collab.jpg (73.9 KB, 0 views)

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One

Last edited by JCBigler; 10-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.