Thread: CPU Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 AM

Default Re: CPU Issues

I think your biggest problem is trying to use Windows 10 with the old version of PT. I have an even older version of PT on Windows XP and can easily run sessions with 20+ tracks and lots of plugins with a 6 core processor. The only issue I sometimes run into is if I try to use a 128 or 64 sample buffer size for tracking, even with only 1 track. But I think I narrowed that problem down to a setting in my BIOS. I inadvertently had it set so the CPU frequency ramped down when full power wasn't needed. In the instant it took to ramp back up to full frequency, PT would through the "increase buffer size" error message. Once I fixed that, I can track at 128 or 256 buffer size on most sessions.

Check to make sure you have the CPU set to run at full frequency at all times.

Even with my old setup, I am able to get over 300 instances of DVerb running in the DVerb test.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.