View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmkb View Post
Exactly. Midi sample rounding bug has been there since pt12, heard from people going back to 11 for reliable midi work at all tempos. I reported it to Avid, exchanged several emails with a session and video clips. They were supposed to report it to their programming team and get back to me. Guess what. They never got back to me. It was over 2 months ago. The fix isn't happening. If it was easy to fix, they would've fixed it already in 2019, or even 2018.
Can't say that I've seen what you're talking about wrt MIDI sample rounding but then again I don't work in MIDI clips (yeah I went back and read through the 8 page thread you and a couple of others posted to). I just make my timeline selections and move things about as I need to - quick & painless AND I don't have to worry about missing notes.

As far as updates and not bug fixes - ARA doesn't do anything for me. What I'd like to see built into PT is Ircam time/stretch. I know it can be done in UVI Falcon but how about it as just a separate plugin? That way I don't have the cpu overhead that would be wasted working inside Falcon.

MIDI fx? Meh. If I can't play it in correctly I just have to keep trying and not rely on a program routine to do the job for me. Sequences & arpeggios? I play 'em in manually thank you very much. Then copy/paste as necessary. I like the human element when it's done that way. Drums being one of my instruments helps a great deal with timing.

QAPLA!