View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Re: PTE & OS X Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjavier View Post
-----Good!! Will Pro Tools 11.3 (for Yosemite) work on an iMac with an Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz and 8GB RAM?

I know that Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz is not listed in the compatiblity grid but...are there chances it could work?
You need to work out how to answer these questions for yourself. e.g. see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...11-3-Downloads

The i5 is not the best choice for Pro Tools, with an i7 or Xeon generally much preferred, especially if you run a plugin heavy workload. And you need to make sure the rest of your system is suitable (which starts with having a separate dedicated 7,200 rpm or faster HDD or a good SSD for a dedicated audio/session drive). A 1.4GHz i5 would be fairly old and only dual core. So hopefully you have realistic goals in what you want to to in Pro Tools on this computer.. And I'm not going to bother guessing what disk you actually have in the iMac. 8GB is the minimum I'd want in a system. Again it depends on what you are expecting to do. Lots of VIs you may need more.... but you'll also likely start to run out of CPU.