View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3 issue with Pro Tools 10 on Mac OSX

So I tried plugging it in via fire wire from my computer to hard drive and hard drive to mbox but I am still having the same problem. I just updated my Mbox Pro 3 driver to the latest but the problem is still there. Here's exactly what's been happening.

First off, everything I play out of my speakers via the Mbox sounds rough and distorted. I tried opening GarageBand to test them out in there but I am getting the same problem and even with iTunes but it doesn't sound nearly as bad when I listen to it through my headphones.

Secondly, everything I record sounds raspy and off no matter how high or how low I turn the gain nob. I just went out and replaced all my cables to make sure that wasn't the issue but it very much still there. I am pretty positive that it is not the microphone itself because I brought it over to record somewhere else and it sounded great.

Does anybody know what else I can possibly do? Honestly I am thinking about going back to the Mbox 2 with pro tools 8. Ever since I got this Mbox Pro 3 with pro tools 10, I have had nothing but problems. Please help!!!!!!