View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Sound quality of mixing in Protools vs others..Discuss

Hi , i am new to this forum , I live and work in London , most of my work is based around recording and production for the release market, and I have worked extensively with Logic / pro tools / Dp / Cubase . I have found that despite many arguments I have had with other sound engineers who all deny that any DAW can produce different results due to the binary maths involved . My own observations are that at the track level it may be virtually impossible to identify differences and files will cancel each other out ,but at the summed level , there are simply many differences , and in simple terms , Pro tools has a balanced and expansive sound reminiscent of a top quality analog recorded sound , Logic has a direct and powerful presence , DP seems to show a very very tight and almost 3 dimensional quality with all frequencies in a wonderful balance , and Cubase to my ears produces the most musically satisfying sound . I still maintain that i am not imagining anything!!! , I have worked for so many years and will continue to for producers in the UK , and when i demonstrate the differences , I have never failed to surprise sound engineers .I opt to use whichever software suits the project I am involved with at the time . Of course a good producer can achieve a fine mix with any of the current DAW's available , but the working methods would need to adapt a little to suit the characteristics of each program .