View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Default Multiple blue screen errors when trying to install/run PT 8.03 in Windows 7 Ultimate

So I was recently able to upgrade my system to a self-built DAW:

-AMD Phenom II x4 945 Processor 3.00 GHz
-4.00 GB Memory
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS
-Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Graphics (waiting to upgrade this)
-Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
-500GB Hard Drive
(Wish it could be a Mac, but such is a tight budget)

After much toil, I discovered that in no way was I going to get my PT 6.9 to work even in XP Mode, so I went and purchased PT 8.01.

After successfully (And smoothly I might add) installing all the components (Including the plug-ins and third party stuff), I attempt to open PT, and after loading for a bit, it gets to "Loading DAE" and blue screen error, reading, "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

So, after research on the DUC and downloading and installing the 8.03 upgrade as well as the Win7 Beta Audio Drivers, I try to open PT with "Run As Administrator", and it works until I go to select a template to open, and blue screen error reading, "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

Can anyone help me?? Am I missing a windows configuration step? (As far as I know, I followed all the PT Windows config setups)

I think I've just set a personal record for blue screen errors in one day!! (Probably now upwards around 10...and it's only 10:00AM!!)

PLEASE HELP!!