View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Pro tools ilok cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
What happens if I start a Cloud Session and the Internet goes out? Or the computer is disconnected from the internet?
I tried shutting down my WiFi after starting a cloud session and PT seemed to continue unbothered (though I only tried it for a few minutes - prolonged sessions may be different).

Main problem I had was, last night, after restarting my machine (as a further test) and turning my WiFi back on, the license manager was unable to sign in, saying there was no internet connection (there was). As a result, I couldn't start a cloud session OR re-authorise my iLok - no way to open Pro Tools!

Came back this morning though and it's working fine again. Any idea if PACE/iLok had a server outage last night or something?

If that starts to happen regularly, it's definitely a big discouraging factor against using Cloud authorisation. I did also switch off WiFi & restart before manually shutting off the cloud session, but thinking/hoping that's not the root cause: it's meant to just close it out & start another when that happens, not bug out so badly.

Last edited by TheNeil; 01-26-2018 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Minor clarifications