View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 08:13 AM

Default Logic 5.0.0 crashes all the time.. Is there a Logic expert around here?

Hi,
I've been mixing off a Pro tools 5.1.1 system through an SSL 9K all week. Yesterday, we switched to Logic to work with a producer who uses Logic. We just installed Logic onto the computer and away we went. The Pro Tools software and hardware had been flawless for the whole week.

Logic has been a nightmare. Crashing all the time. If you leave it alone for 20 mins, it goes down. Sometimes, if you move the mouse, it goes down. We have the keyboard and mouse on the extendit, but I moved the XSKey to a USB hub so it wouldn't be on the extendit. That might have cause some problems early on.

But this morning we came in, having left the system on all night, and Logic was frozen and looping a random section of audio.

This is my first time really using Logic (the producer here uses it all the time), and I have to say I'm unimpressed. Did they just release 5 too soon? Is there a 5.0.1 out, or a 5.1 out that would be more stable? Anyone?

Again, this is an identical setup to the crashless Pro Tools one we had been using all week... All we did was add Logic.