View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Waves Venue AAX DSP

I recently emailed Waves saying that I really wished I could use their products on the S6L, and got this response.

"Waves seriously looked at AAX DSP for quite some time, however after initial tests it was obvious it would have taken us several years to correctly code, optimize and release to our standards. In the end it made more sense to code for AAX 64bit Native (which still took us quite some time to finish) and continue our SoundGrid compatibility (while providing a studio version of SoundGrid) which has been an existing and proven solution for realtime Waves processing in the live market for several years.

Although the S6L requires AAX DSP compatibility in order to work on this console, Avid and Waves announced we will be working on Waves SoundGrid support for the new Venue S6L console at NAB 2015 (see below for link and details).

https://www.avid.com/US/press-room/A...er-Innovations

"Easy access to tested and certified audio plug-ins for VENUE and Pro Tools—Avid and Waves® are working to bring support for Waves plug-ins to VENUE | S6L through Waves SoundGrid®, enabling customers to easily integrate tested and certified 3rd party technology into their workflow. Additionally, Waves will be offering customers easy access to their plug-ins through the Avid Marketplace, underscoring the growing momentum of Avid Marketplace adoption"

I take this to mean that some day there will be a Soundgrid card for the S6L to use with an external server, but there will be no way for Waves to run on board the console like it could on earlier Venues.