View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Application Launch Failure - HELP!!!

After 3 long weeks in the repair shop, my mac finally came home...but I can't get protools to launch. I get this error:

Application "ProTools" could not be launched because of a shared library error. "1<ProTools_LE_OSX_Rel><ProTools_LE_OSX_Rel><DSI>< >"

Anyone have a clue how to launch my protools? Basically, my repair involved a fried logic board, or so they thought...in the end they replaced everything (logic board, processor, chassy, etc) except my hard drive. I was having communication problems with my firewire ports and with the mirror door models of G4s, apparently there is some weird modelling where the firwrie is handled on the processor instead of the logic board, or something? In any event, just got it back...upon the request of the repair tech, i ran an update and upgraded to OS 10.3.7. I browsed these forums and caught the recommendations for the cs update files.

First, I simply tried launching ProTools 6.4 in OS 10.3.7, and got the error. Tried repairing and verifying disk permissions, installed the cs updates, rebooted several times...erased all the recommended files in the trouble shooting guide...but still get that error. How can I fix this?

Please help!
evan
www.asteriskband.com
OS 10.4.6
002 mixing board w/ PT 7.1.1cs