View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Best Laptops for PTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieNick2 View Post
This goes for the crossgrade from LE as well?
Yep If you purchase the download you have two options that you can download (at any point, and as many times as you like) from within your Avid account. One is the full installer, and the other is an updated installer (used if you already have an older version of PT on your machine). It's recommended that you use the full installer though.

And if you purchase the boxed version of the crossgrade then the disc has the full installer anyway. The crossgrade only uses your hardware serial number, that's about the only thing that makes the crossgrade different from the retail pack (new ilok excluded). I even noticed in my Avid account yesterday that I can now download the loops and stuff that come with the boxed discs (which appear to be exactly the same as the loops from PT8).
PT10, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Eleven Rack, i7 950 @3.80GHz, Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler, GA-X58A-UD3R, Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 12GB, SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE, Caviar Black 500GB 32MB Cache OS drive, 2x Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache Sata3 (Audio and library), Broadcom BCM94322MC wireless network adapter
W7 - 312 dverbs @ 64 buffer/ 403 dverbs @ 1024