View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Digi CoreAudio Manager and Leopard 10.5.5 unstable to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propynyl View Post
1% = too generous.
actually for about 15 months now I have had no issues other than the one I have on the forum right now, but I am one of the few still on 10.4.9. So for me it has been less than 1%. My biggest issue ever came when my machine got updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9. Wow, that was a bad incremental update, and you can't expect Digi to have a magic solution when Apple obviously did something major between those two updates.

The best way to downgrade is to buy (actually I think you can use it's free version features as well, but I suggest buying the full version, it's cheap) SuperDuper! and backup your system to an external hard drive. Then do a fresh Erase and Install using the disc that came with your Mac. That way you can re-load a fresh 7.4.2, with no old version goobers hanging around. Then you can check your plugins one at a time as you load them, using fresh downloads of course of the most up to date Leopard plugins. Then with the fresh start you can start thinking twice about downloading this or that or loading programs you don't need or shouldn't have on a Pro Tools machine. If you limit yourself to only the things you need to get by then Pro Tools will run smoother. I'm a big advocate of the "Erase and Install OSX" action. A lot of times a fresh start will get rid of what issues are causing Pro Tools to be unstable. Then if you pay attention, as you start getting your computer back to normal, if you load something and then Pro Tools is having issues, then you'll know your culprit. Keep your system drive as clean as possible.

This is a big undertaking, and will probably take most of the day to do, but I bet you will be running smoother afterwards.