View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Can we get a NEW and CLEARER Best Desktop thread?

That thread is long... you should take your time with it. Why rush?

I spent weeks and read every single post before I built my first "homemade" PTLE computer two years ago. Itīs been running like a charm ever since. My PTLE has been practically on for two years, day and night. I often push it hard, it just works when I do my part.

I am not very computer literate but with the help of that thread I eventually had no problems whatsoever. It just took some time to digest but was definitely worth it. You buy a couple of components and stick them together, then run some CD:s, very easy - and it gives certain confidence when you know what youīre working on after the computer in up and running. In this Windows world I find that quite essential. And yes, I was scared at first,too.

If you can use a screwdriver, you can build a PC. You must know some software stuff anyway and that part is much more demanding because of all the little this` and thatīs. But building the hardware itself is easy.

My next PTLE DAW will be an octacore I think. I will read everything again, this is just invaluable info not available anywhere else.

Thanks to all the Big Boys out there for sharing all this knowledge. Thereīs no one "right" way to do this... itīs like riding a motorbike, sort of. Or changing a light bulb.

EDIT:
Quote:
The "Best Desktops for PTLE" thread is almost a year old.

That thread is six years old.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php