View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Can we get a NEW and CLEARER Best Desktop thread?

If you stick with the ASUS P35 Series boards, use the listed memory and follow the BIOS setup instructions then I can almost gaurentee you will have a machine the boots on the first try and runs great. I started the Core 2 Specs thread because the best desktops thread hadn't been updated in forever. Most of the info is actually about 2 years out of date. Tweakers aside if you follow the parts list and the BIOS setup instructions you shouldn't have any problems. The video card du jour would seem to be the ASUS 8500Gt 256mb. The ATI X1600Pro has been discontinued.

Stick with the parts listed.....I can't stress that enough. Build whats working and after you've used it for a month or so then think about tweaking it. These things are putting out close to 300 Dverbs and theres no need to tweak then anyway.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88