View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Sabotaging My Projects!

Thanks to everyone helping with this.

Have a look at the attached image to see an example of this problem. The project shown had all clips stored in the Audio Files folder of the project. I closed the project, and made an archive copy of the project folder. The next time I opened the project, I was met with an alert saying 23 audio files were missing.

Here are some possibly critical points and answers to questions asked by members here:

— Yes: I clone project folders that have constructs I’d need to recreate for the new project, from which I’ll delete existing, unneeded clips.
— Yes: I do have my own template project folders I copy and use for similarly constructed projects, meaning that each new project will have similarly named tracks, resulting in clips with similar names as in other projects.
— No: My audio files for any given project are NOT stored in a folder common to other projects. That would be dumb, and I try not to do dumb things, though I often fail in the attempt.
— No: I don’t use the Save as Template function, because it’s easier to copy my own template folder, or clone a folder that has everything I currently need for the next project.
— No: I’m not using an external drive that’s backing up, overwriting files, other than my normal backup scheme.

Hopefully these clues will help.

Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT-Issue-022019.1.jpg (68.4 KB, 0 views)
2TB Internal SSD
Apple Studio Monitor, 27"
3 External Monitors: 27", 27" & 65"
Apollo X8P Mixer Interface
PreSonus 32R Mixer Interface