View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Default Re: A Game Changer!!-Pro Tools AS a Rewire Slave-with RME TotalMix!! &collectively64b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diccer View Post
John
You can route audio both ways between 2 daws with TotalMix, being careful of course to not let the I/O settings overlap.

Questions though: If a 3rd party audio device/current engine is selected in Pro Tools HD, does the core card's TDM still work? Let's say as a quick test if you just selected the "built in line output" as the current engine, would the TDM effects/instrument channels still play through the output?
(If so this would, I suppose, be an alternate way to get Logic to access TDM again..)(And for me the Virus)
TDM won't work unless you are running PTHD in DAE mode. I guess I just answered the TDM part of my own question. If PTHD accesses totalmix, it will have to be running in Core audio(mac) or ASIO(PC) mode, so you won't have access to the TDM bus. The only way to integrate TDM plugins with anything else is by using physical io. The older versions of Logic and DP were able to run TDM hardware in DAE mode, but those are long gone AFAIK.

I always kick myself for not keeping one of my old mix cores around, I have several plugins like soundblender, etc. on my ilok that are TDM only, and not likely to ever have native versions.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?