View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Default Re: A Game Changer!!-Pro Tools AS a Rewire Slave-with RME TotalMix!! &collectively64b

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
I would assume that because totalmix is the link to the audio interface, that all programs are resolving to the same clock signal(the RME's clock signal). That's the trick, more than one program can simultaneously access an RME interface at once via totalmix. Totalmix is essentially allowing him to connect i/o via software, the audio is being routed through the interface's onboard DSP mixer, but the totalmix software is essentially letting him patch the inputs and outputs of the RME's DSP mixer without having to use physical io and cables.

As far as saving goes, I don't think it will work the way rewire works, this is a workaround for something that's not supposed to be possible so file management is not going to be as streamlined as rewire.
I didn't mean word clock, I meant time-base location in the session, like SMPTE, or bars and beats. If it's not rewire, how are the various apps starting and stopping and locating? Who's chasing who?