View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

Hi, I did try all that this morning.... going to the workspace process and trying to assign my external drive to (R), but I get the same message. "not a valid audio volume" I did check with Disk Utilities... and permission for the Mac's internal HD & check the external Glyph HD. Everything showed up OK.
When I installed the 6.9 update, I was installing over an older version 6.4. Would that be a problem? Plus, I had everything, iLock and the Glyph external HD hooked up too......should they have been dissconnected for the INSTALL? Just curious why it's not recognizing the Glyph (where all my older 6.4 sessions were done using the external FW Glyph HD?????? Thanks for your time. I hope to get this up and running. Oh, I did download the sample demo session... and it looked like it went to the Glyph, but when I open up the Glyph, I see ALL the old files and the older "Salvation Demo" from the first time I installed PT 6.2.2., but I don't think I see the NEW DEMO that came on the 6.9 update CD???? I'm lost. Help.
p.s. I keep looking for answers on other "posts", but I've tried everything instead of un-installing/deleting data bases. Maybe that would help. ProTools is pretty picky... it seems. But I thought I'd let you know..... I have a NEW Powerbook G4 with OS 6.4 Tiger (which I used a firewire to transfer all my info from other G4 Powerbook) maybe some conflicting info from the older PT "databases"....... I don't know. But again, thanks for your time.