View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Re: AVID Selling M-Audio and Pinnicle Lines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Also buried in some of the news about this is that ... Kirk Arnold... will be leaving the company.
Thank GOD!!! Kirk Arnold, in my opinion anyway, was a huge factor in the decline of the company. Her specialty is outsourcing. Which Avid has been finding out doesn't work for that well for proprietary software. for standard run of the mill things like banking software, it's fine (Arnold came from Fidelity). But for Professional Audio and Video workstations, it's not so good.

Gary really needs to go too... but at least this is a start. I'm happy to see they are at least saying they are going to focus on their core demographic, which is the "vertical" professional market. With the company in such disarray and even more people getting laid off, I hope they can do that.

But I'm sure, with selling off Maudio and pinnacle and laying off another 350 employees Gary will do something stupid again, like buy another company. Anyone still remember what Avid did after their last round of huge layoffs? Oh yeah, that's right, they used the money they saved in those salaries to buy Euphonix! While integration is better, it really didn't do anything to help the company financially. If it did they wouldn't be selling off Maudio and Pinnacle now!!! I just really hope they don't go out and buy another company after this round of layoffs.

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page