View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
This isn't a bug! This is as you say expected behavior. You're editing the clip in SLIP mode AT THE SAMPLE LEVEL - this has far more resolution than at the tick level so the transport bar isn't going to indicate anything different in bars/beats since it can't show anything smaller than ticks (1 tick looks the same in the transport bar numerical indicators as 1tick+1sample. Same thing happens if you're displaying timecode or mm:ss:msec. This is normal - you'd have to display in samples if you want to see the difference.

Again, if you want to avoid sample rounding you need to be in ticks and editing to the bar/beat grid. If you trim off or create a clip to any greater resolution than a tick you'll get sample rounding.

For this to be a bug, you'd need to show a case where a clip is edited *exactly* to bar/beat grid resolution and still drifting off grid on repeat pastes. Again, not saying it can't be a bug, but I haven't seen it yet.

best,
rich
I am NOT editing in slip mode, it is in grid mode with ticks set from the creation on the project.
All originally recorded midi clips are perfect bar lengths whether that be 2, 4 or 8 bars. When they are duplicated or repeated or alt + manual dragged they will randomly not line up as per my images (link) in my previous post.

Myself & I'm sure others on this thread are very experienced in midi composing/editing in PT & across other DAWs, myself since the early 90's using the Atari with Notator & Cubase right through different varieties of Macs to this very day.

I can tell you this bug DOES happen and it is only my experience that gets me through a production, albeit at times (& at certain tempos) with extreme frustration and time consumed.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions