View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 09:32 AM

Default Ozone 8 to Ozone 9 patch transition? (..& Izotope plugins in general)

I'm currently going though the joys of shifting from PT10HD/Mavericks..to PTUltimate2020/Catalina & updating all my plugins.

I've used Ozone 8 (standard) pretty extensively over the last 5 years & It does still load & recall in OSX10.15 , but crashes if you use the assistant/analysis feature

I just installed a trial of Ozone 9. It works well & has some nice new features……but….it won’t load up an Ozone 8 patch.

I’m guessing this is the same for all Izotope stuff ? Neutron 2 to Neutron 3 , nectar to Nectar 3 etc ??

This does lead to something of a dilemma, as I’m not begrudging the upgrade fee, but it means that older mixes simply won’t recall, a pretty big issue if you’ve used (for instance) neutron as your main eq over multiple channels.

Pro Tools sees the new versions, as essentially completely new plugins, with no relation to the older one.

Any work arounds? Or is this just another thing to be wary of when moving forward…

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com