View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:19 AM

Default Re: just updated to vista, now pro tools does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch Drunk View Post
microsoft has always had a way of having their newest os be full of bugs and compatibility issues upon release, and not becoming even near stable until some service packs and years later. remember win 95? 2000?...
Yes, unfortunately that's how they got to the market first and gained a dominant role, and that habit never changed.

From what I heard, vista was a long time coming with much turmoil in the management and execution of the project--with some indications that their code base may have gotten too large for them to manage anymore. I heard they shut down the project once for a couple of months just to figure out what they were doing wrong and might have started from scratch again. But who knows, talk is talk...

I got a free vista enterprise at a microsoft product kickoff and tried it. Within an hour I had a problem playing movie dvds and couldn't fix it, so I went back. In any case, the windows 7 is the one folks are really thinking might be a good move when it is released this fall.

If it works for you, great. Its all about a good software experience. Personally, just upgraded my mobo and it can't recognize some usb devices, so the fun never really ends.