View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Bouncing to Disk with outboard FX

Janne - thank you for the suggestion. I took it and was able to create the audio file as you described. I did have difficulty controlling the input volume to the new audio track in that I couldn't boost it to get the signal as hot as I would have liked. Not sure why.

Back to the primary issue with the lack of printing the file with the outboard insert in play - I tried directly connecting the Compellor to my primary interface. I basically removed it from the RME (secondary interface) and plugged the 2 Compellor outs into line inputs 3/4 on my Apollo. And Apollo line outs 3/4 connected to the 2 Compellor inputs. I went to my I/O setup window and adjusted in the hardware insert grid appropriately. I inserted the Compellor on the submix bus and once again, I had audio and visual evidence of the correct signal flow but the bounce failed as before. I noticed also that once I had inserted the Compellor, the submix meter "went quiet" with no display during playback or bounce. This did not affect the audio but the submix fader now had no effect on the volume on the channel, and as stated, no metering was visible on the submix channel. I have attached a screenshot of the mix window and the Apollo console where inputs 3/4 represent the signal return from Compellor.

this should work and I would love to find out why it is not!

thanks again for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bounce issues.jpg (66.4 KB, 0 views)