View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 PM

Default Bouncing to Disk with outboard FX

I have searched and read what I can find about this issue that is dogging me, to no avail. I have an Aphex Compellor set up as a hardware insert in my system. I load this into the insert space on my submix bus. (all audio from my session ultimately passing through this bus). The output from the submix is my main outs (Mon L/R). When i do a simple playback of the file, everything is fine and I can clearly hear (and see) the compellor do its thing during the playback. However, when i go to bounce to disk, the process seems to execute and I can hear the audio as it is being bounced (real time, not off-line). But there is no audio in the bounced mp3 file. The newly created mp3 has size (e.g. 8.5 MB) but will not play in quick time, wavelab 8.5, or any software app I choose that normally will play mp3s. If I check "offline" during the bounce, a fully functioning mp3 is created, but of course, the compellor is left out of the loop in this case. Through reading the previous threads on this forum, I have learned to turn off low-latency monitoring (done) and increase the HW buffer size. I have tried every buffer size without success. I realize this topic has been discussed several times over the years on this forum but I was unable to find a solution after reading the threads I could find and trying the suggestions. I would truly appreciate any help you can offer. Many thanks in advance!