View Single Post
Old 04-05-2001, 09:43 PM

Default PT Performance - Davec I & Davec II Tests

*** Background ************************************************** *******************************
Now 5 years in the running, the following information is to compare your systems performance to others in the community. This is a very specific test and the point is not to list your rigs' inventory but two fold: 1) total track count of test, 2) MOBO + CPU + RAM + HD --that's it, plain and simple. We all must follow the parameters of the test exactly as defined below otherwise the results are meaningless. We have to keep the test consistent.
************************************************** **********************************************
************************************************** **********************************************
*** Update 2005-11-21 DAVEC II Test PT 6.x & Above
*** I've created a greatly improved version of the davec test. This includes tone generation
*** on all audio channels and include automation (fader, pan, etc) which should resemble an actual
*** mix (not a real mix but for sure should be more intensive). What I've done is
*** have them available on my website for download which will save everyone
*** the time to actual perform the test. All you'll have to do is download the session file and
*** load in your rig. I have different versions 16track, 32track and so fourth so all you'd
*** have to do is load the first series and if you pass go to the next. They're zipped.
*** Also I've saved the sessions in PC/MAC compatibility mode for MAC users as well.
*** I've purchased the hardware upgrade to 002 Rack w/PT 7 and will be creating the new test
*** for PTv7 002 soon provided PTv7 people can reach up to Test-7. The test is the following:
*** Test-1 16 mono audio channels
*** Test-2 32 mono audio channels
*** Test-3 32 mono audio 16 Aux mono channels
*** Test-4 32 mono audio 32 aux mono channels etc. etc. until we can reach the full 32+128
*** maximum for 6.4cs9
*** Here's the link: >>>>>> Protools Davec II Challenge - I dare y'a! <<<<<<<
************************************************** ************************************************

* For PT 5.1 & 5.3.1

Download start-up file here -> Davec I Test - Original Test

See link for how to proceed with 5.x test after you download the session file.

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software