View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Avid fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
I've tried everything and nothing has worked. It really sucks. I often have session with several huge sample libraries such as EWQL Pianos and it takes three minutes just to load, only to say it needs to close and re-open... and again and again and again. Usually on the third or fourth try the "auto" re-configure is complete. It's ridiculous and tedious. It takes me ten minutes just to get a darn session open.

It makes me miss PT8 when any session would just open up and figure out all the playback and I/O settings. There was no special boot order required.

My admittedly older setup, although I've heard this still happens with new computers and new interfaces. I'd love to hear from someone using PT 11 with zero issues and what computer / interface they have.

early2008 Mac Pro
Mavericks 10.9.3
Digi002 (w/ Digi003 family drivers)
Pro Tools 11.latest
Must say that on the system in my sig file I've never had the issues being talked about here. I sometimes get a communication lost message with my 11 Rack when opening a PT11 session but audio passes back and forth between the iMac and 11R no problem. The only thing that doesn't show is the 11R window in the bar across the top of the Edit window. Doesn't really bother me as you need the standalone 11R editor anyways in PT11.

My power up sequence is: rack power strip which powers up the MIDI interface, monitor speakers, keyboards & synths and 11 Rack, UPS which has my USB2 hub, external hard drives and computer (computer not on yet), and when the drives have finished powering up finally the computer gets started. Three switches - rack power strip, UPS, computer. The only thing I don't regularly power up are the backup drives - those I start as necessary and OSX has no issues seeing them.

QAPLA!