View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack problems...really? Doesn't Avid make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourquie View Post
So, for my home rig I have an Eleven rack so I can put down ideas and do light work at home. I never had an issue with 8.0.3...communicated great! Ever since PT9, I have all kinds of communication errors. I don't know how PRO TOOLS can not communicate with its own interface! I just don't get it.

My current problem is that my session won't play because it says that there is a problem with the source clock. I'm clocking internally, and I haven't touched my eleven rack clock settings EVER. I worked last night, and all was fine. now, can't even play. I'm sure with a little tweaking, a few restarts, and a few beers and I'll get it working. I'm just frustrated that this kind of communication issue happens about once every two days. BTW, I have installed all of the newest drivers, and I just installed 9.0.2. Macbook Pro 15" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
Exactly what error message are/were you getting? What are all the playback engine settings for the session having problems.

One suggestion is to try a factory reset (aka reset memory) of the Eleven Rack (in the Options setting).

When you say "can't even play" do you mean the Eleven Rack does not work stand-alone (disconnected from the computer) or that you cannot play back pre-recorded output through the Eleven Rack as an interface? Or something else?

If the Eleven Rack does not work stand-alone at all you may have the notorious clock problem well descibed in threads here. Try changing the internal clock rate and see if that helps--a useful diagnostic. See this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=273395&page=7. If this is the problem you need to contact Avid for a repair.

Try to really describe clearly what is going on so we can help you.

Darryl