View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 AM

Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
WHAT!! your car dont fly!!!!?????? my truck may not, but my computer sure is!!!!!

hardly any tweaking, no oc'ing or anything,

we got more specs we HAVE to incorporate for our i7 dverb test. with multicore threading on and off. this is making a difference in response and handling

with it off we have 4 processors in pro tools to choose from. the machine is more solid and MUCH harder to crash. initial testing and it is proving more hearty than the opteron even was, i wont commit to this till i really get using it, but impressive so far. my cpu is at 94% right now and it is still chugging along....slowly....but still going.

with mulitcore on, the machine is snappier for sure, but in pro tools WE CANNOT SELECT BETWEEN PROCESSOR AMOUNTS. 8 IS OUR ONLY OPTION. hilighted that cause it will come up again...... the cpu is not as tough and durable at this setting. at higher cpu usage the machine starts to lag more and cannot hold up. at about 89-90% it is about maxed out.

i am testing dverb 1 style, with OLD dverb (w/o chorus, from 7.4) max cpu's available, max cpu setting available, (95% w/o threading-90% with) and 1024 buffer setting and 24 bit-44.1k

multicore threading- 483 and still record 5 min.
w/o multicore threading-420 tough to call it here cause it does keep going, cpu at 94%, is lagging and sluggish, but wont stop!

more tweaking to come and will post parts in the next day or so. i have to have this ready for a session tomorrow and have a lot to do and little time to do it.

but so far so good!!
i'm jealous!!!!

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff