View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Default Re: HEAT, NEVE 8048 Listening Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghand View Post
It seems you understood me, did you ever do this test? If you did, you should know, you don't know which is which before you submit the answer, so I guessed the ones I like most is by HEAT, but I'm totally wrong, then I made a oppsite choice, guess the ones I like most is by Neve, and most of the answers are right, so I can tell, to my ear, the best result is from NEVE but not HEAT. Understand?
Yep, I gotcha now. I originally interpreted what you first said as being that you chose your favorite sounding one as NEVE, but they turned out to be HEAT. I had it reversed.

And yes, I did take the test, and Im going to retry it by reversing my answers same as you.

I get now that this test is weird in that you could have consistently chose your fav one, and marked HEAT, even though it was NEVE, so you end up getting a " low " score, but that score doesnt mean you cant tell a DIFFERENCE, or have a PREFERENCE -- One may just be selecting the wrong
device for their preference.
Now, when the results comes out, it will be interesting to see how CONSISTENT each of us were. The score doesnt matter at this point. What matters (correct me if Im wrong) is what you most consistently picked as your favorite sounding loop.

Maybe what Avid is trying to show here in the end is that the average will show that there wasn't much consistency for ppl correctly identifying which was Heat and which was Neve. Someone could have gotten a VERY low score, but only because they kept picking HEAT instead of NEVE. But it would still mean they actually preferred NEVE.

um, or something... haha. Yeah, this test is confusing..
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•