View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Warning: DD client is not supported on OS X 10.7 Lion

I was really excited by Avid posting the Lion client for DigiDelivery, esp. hoping that it would buy me time to find the $20,000 or so to upgrade to Aspera's faspex server. (the writing is definitely on the wall, floor, ceiling for DigiDelivery, and I haven't found another solution that we could host - we use it widely for internal use).

Unfortunately, I immediately found one way in which it is definitely not fully baked.

When I tried to open a delivery while on our office network, the Lion client couldn't connect to the server, throwing up an error indicating that it was trying to connect to the external IP address for our server, even though there is an internal DNS entry for it. Trying the same delivery outside of the office worked just fine.

Oddly, I can send Digis (the login uses the canonical hostname, not the IP address), but I can’t download that same Digi.

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem? I never had this problem with the official Digi client.

As I mentioned, we use DigiDelivery extensively internally (since we have to send the same material to a combination of internal & external recipients), so this is really problematic. Being able to use the local network speeds is a not insignificant issue as well.

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts about this. I wish I could pass this feedback along to someone who could actually do something about this, but I have no idea who that would be (Avid? Aspera?). There’s no feedback link on the download page...

Hopefully this will get fixed, but it’s hard to be optimistic...

Tim King
Towers IT Administrator
[email protected]