View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Quote:
Snorre's an ex-memeber (Blackthorn) and had a lot of influence on Øystein, in fact you'll see his name in the credits of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Instrumental) was partically written by Snorre. He also wrote Storm (of the Destroyer) from the Satyricon K.I.N.G. single. Though, it's interesting you mention Mayhem's facade, I found it pretentious, i.e., Øystein, and only really liked the band because of Per Yngve Ohlin (Dead).
Yes, I know that Snorre wrote some riffs for "De mysteriis...". And yes, I also think Euronymous was pretentious, but nevertheless he's arguably the most important figure in the scene. If not for his musical skills, definitely for his business side. And it doesn't change the great recordings they did

I really liked Dead as well, but think probably as high of Maniac though they're very different. What he's doing with Kvarforth - who I think is a really inspirational writer - at the moment is very interesting. I bought the first Skitliv EP (too long title to write here ) and waiting for "Amfetamin" to be released on vinyl before I buy it. Can't wait until the first "proper" album is released.

Quote:
Bjørn Dencker's another one I like, love his vocal and lyric style, especially in Dødheimsgard, 666 International. Written in 1999 (yes, invert it, you get 666 I) and I still listen to it. Bjørn Dencker (Aldrahn) also sung on Thorns - Thorns. Thorns and Dødheimsgard are like the pinnacle of Avant-garde Metal.
I listened a lot to 666 International when it was released as well, and really loved that it sounded like nothing else. I was kind turned off by their other releases at the time (can't remember if it was one or two) as they more fit the standard frame.