View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Toontrack - EZ Drummer & Superior Drummer - UPDATES

Sounds like you need to start building your midi library up, and there is lots of add on packs available , also 3rd party .

Platinum samples are good 3rd party , and I find their midi packs are more usable overall with less of the razzamatazz of the TT packs.

When building a track I use EZ drummer 2 + Superior Drummer.

EZD2 has many great new features that SD doesnt have .
EZD2 can also tame overplayed midi by reducing hits , and their tap to find feature is something of a marvel when it comes to searching for suitable ' ballpark' midi files in your library.

Anyway , even with my huge library I still never find a file that is just right and everything ends up radically getting chopped up and rearranged first within ez drummer...,

then extensively chopped and edited in Protools midi editor after that...

When I am happy with the completed midi file.., I will then use SD2 as the V.I for the playing the midi . In SD2 I will then select my chosen drum kit , and then edit the drum kits to my preferences for the song . (I dont use toontracks FX either , but thats just my personal choice)

Once the kit is sounding and responding how I want in SD2, I will export WAV out of SD's multiple outputs into individual Audio tracks within protools where I will then mix with my own FX and treat the tracks from then on just like a regular (real) drum kit recording.

I suggest you all watch the many excellent tuition videos on Groove 3 to speed up your learning curve
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's