View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools has become a nightmare (Windows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but are you running the UAD's on your PC? I'm looking to get 1 or 2 cards for my Windows rig and what to know how they run.

tg
they are running in bootcamp on the imac pro in my sig, using components that are not supported from UA at all (bootcamp for one, the apple thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter for another). I put it down to the proper implementation of thunderbolt 3 on the hardware side from apple which makes it work so well. I am getting better performance at 32 buffer in windows on the very same imac pro than OSX, using the very same chain of UA devices on the very same thunderbolt ports and thunderbolt adapters.. I even recommend macs to people who want to run windows and UA thunderbolt devices now. The DPC latency is astounding and better than any result I have seen on native windows builds.. (it's just one green segment down the whole latencymon page, its incredible). It must just be the really high quality motherboard components apple are using on their pro line, it has to be. PS the reason windows is performing better is because there is no speed-stepping when i activate windows high performance power plan, i.e, all 8 cores stay at the maximum intel rated turbo speed at all times without any fluctuation.When the Catalina pro mode comes out, this should neutralise that issue on OSX once and for all, IF they offer it to imac pro owners as well.
You can PM me for any other info rather than going more OT here. PT runs like a dream in bootcamp on the imac pro in any case.