View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Default Re: I SOLVED IT!! DAE error -6085 brings Pro Tools 9 to a halt...please help Avid.

You had my hopes up, but I just turned off my screen saver and I'm still getting the 6085 Error. I've tried these tests:

If I run a session completely from the internal drive, using the MBox Pro 3's audio outs, it runs rock solid.

If I run a session from my external firewire drive but use the computer's "Built In Output" (under "Setup" Playback Engine") it's rock solid, even with the MBox Pro turned on and plugged into the firewire chain. (Computer > External Hard Drive > MBox Pro.)

BUT! When I try to use both the External Drive AND the MBox Pro, I consistently crash and get the 6085 Error. So it's clearly some kind of clash on the Firewire buss.

I'm going to try getting one of those Thunderbolt External Hard Drives and see if that solves the problem, since that will hopefully leave the MBox Pro by itself on the FireWire Buss. I'll post if that works.
It's crazy that AVID isn't on top of this problem, which people have apparently been having since 2009 at least!