Thread: Apogee FX Rack
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Apogee FX Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Mitchell View Post
I'm not an Apogee Rep - I just thought there may be folks interested in the fact that Apogee released plug ins.
Also you realize these are native right?
Look again, they are native for any DAW user but also have DSP versions for Ensemble and Element users.

OTOH, Apogee are on some *serious* drugs with these prices.. I really hope people aren't stupid enough to pay it cause of the name.. That EQ is so limited compared to pro Q2 and even $39 IIEQ Pro, for $149.. another pultec EQ for $149? Yeah, right.
The bundle for $450? 4 basic plugins for $450.. what weirdos.

The only one that might be interesting is the $99 LA3A, since the waves one is crap, and this has added a wet/dry and a highpass, very worthwhile features. THAT one does something extra for an LA3A.. but the other plugins, especially the "mod" series, are "JADPL" just another digital plugin. Basic comp and EQ plugins for 149 a piece.. my head is spinning.. If you want to spend $149 on a compressor, do yourself a favour and get arousor on the Avid special if it's still available at 149:)

Oh, a mod should move this to plugin sub forum.