View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 vs. Mbox 3 Pro Preamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Turkey View Post
I might BE FORCED to go with this BLA mod for my Mbox 3 Pro even though Eric is the only person I have found who has actually done it (doesn't make me super confident). Why?
BLA still offers it, so someone other than me MUST be doing the mod. It made sense for me because I picked up the Pro3 on eBay from some kid who never opened it, but wanted to keep the software. No problem for me as I already had PT9 or 10. I paid $500 for the Pro3 and $890 for the full mod and MicroClock. The mod alone is $550. For me it was a no-brainer since I didn't pay full pop for the device.

You can certainly ask BLA how many of those mods they've done, if you're worried about it, but they do stand TOTALLY behind all of their work, so it shouldn't be an issue, in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
2010 further proves the point that the jive bird was not fleeced.

Most interfaces that you purchased 5 years ago would not be suitable for your use today as you grow and change and add hardware
Another reason to have BLA do the mod. Chances are, they've made substantial improvements on THEIR upgrades over when I did it in 2013. They can bring your old Pro3 'closer' to current technology, IMHO.

As far as using external pres... my thought, especially after doing the BLA mods, was to get a pre that had SPDIF out for two more good sounding channels, giving me a total of 6 with the Pro3. What I have externally is the Audient Mico http://audient.com/products/mico-dua...e-preamplifier which is a great addition, especiailly when using the Mico with a single-point stereo mic.

Good luck with your shopping...