View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Default Re: So what if I have an old Mbox and Snow Leopard? no CoreAudio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Avid clearly announced the EOSS for the original Mbox at PT 8.0.1. There were technical challenges with making the driver work for Snow Leopard and due to the life cycle of this long discontinued product, a business decision was made to stop development for it to reduce additional costs. If you didn't know that then why am I the ignorant one. Calling people names on the forum is not the best way to get help. I do understand your frustration but this is perhaps more Apple's Snow Leopard's fault than Avid/Digidesign's.
Hey... Obsidian... I'm sorry this has been misunderstood... I was calling myself ignorant for being so optimistic about downgrading.. it is virtually impossible and when I wrote the post I thought it was almost done... I would never call anyone ignorant specially if I am asking for help of course.

I appreciate your comments though you express a different point of view regarding Avid's decission about Mbox. I truly do. I am frustrated as I have now to do additional investment and surely encounter new software issues and pospone every time picking the instrument and play.

Again, I was sort of telling it to myself out loud "ignorant" for being so confident with the solution I decided to adopt.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Cheers,

Juan