View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Default My problem!

Man oh man, do I hate Avid bugs. SO I also just purchased the new 15'' MBP Retina and it's running on OS X 10.8.2. Bummer, right? It shouldn't be!

I borrowed my girlfriends older MBP, set up remote DVD/CD and put in my pro tools 9 installation disk. This version is Pro tools 9.0.0, I'm pretty sure. The installation is going smooth but stops at the final Running Package Scriptspart.

Here is where it gets weird: I see a pro tools icon at the bottom on my dock. When I click it, it reads "You can't use this version of the application "Pro Tools" with this version of OS X.----You have "Pro tools" 9.0"

SO, what's a guy supposed to do? I bought this laptop with the 16gb upgrade to finally have PT at a portable, reliable level. I'm already having trouble with my brand new mac.

Anyone have any ideas? I have NOT installed my avid mbox 3rd gen drivers or any iLok drivers. My girlfriends computer did not fall asleep and neither did mine. That's about all the info I guess I could come up with at this time...

Thank you guys! Help me get my PT's to work! Or at least tell me to wait for Avids slow programmers to make [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] compatible. I cannot afford pt10 atm.