View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Recording Multiple MIDI Outputs Simultaneously

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Some drum vi's allow in their mixer routing the ability to send each drum audio output to separate tracks in the host in this case PT. I do that with BFD3; I send each drum's output to a separate aux track which then feeds an audio track from a send. I do that so I can hear the drum sounds without having to record enable an audio track. I feed the output of the aux tracks to a bus and the outputs of the audio tracks to a bus.
Let me first preface that I've never used MIDI until right now. It's been a confusing past couple days just getting VMPK (virtual midi controller) setup properly.

Your quote is what I'm referring to, although it's with the MDrummer Demo. The plugin's Mixer section shows all the drums in the kit being used, and allows you to output each to its own channel. I assume these are MIDI channels.. they go from 1 to 16.
I want to play, and record, the drum line in real-time, and output each drum to it's own PT track.. so I can have control over whatever processing is needed while mixing.
Are you saying that I need an Aux track for each drum, set it's input to the corresponding midi output and then create a send to it's own Audio track? In my case enabling record on each Audio track, to capture the live drum performance. Can I skip the Aux track part and just set each Audio track's input to each midi output? Then I could make Aux drum busses for what I feel is necessary.

Hopefully that didn't come across as total nonsense. Thanks for the help.