View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Electric Guitar doesn't sound clean enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn0bbl View Post
Hello fellow musicians,

i'm pretty much a beginner with pro tools and i mainly wanna use it to make music in rock or metal genre. i use a focusrite scarlett solo 3rd gen to record my electric guitar and eleven lite as amp simulator.

i cant't get it to sound right tho. it sounds way too crunchy and overdriven if you know what i mean. i wanna have it sound clean like in the song posted below.

any recommendations?

i also read that i should use impulse responses. avid apparently gave the plug in convology XT away for free but all that does is make the guitar sound the same but with echo. am i using it wrong?
Things to consider:
1-you said you posted a song but no song is linked
2-The quality of the sound encompasses several things, hand tone, the guitar(style, condition, proper setup), player skill/talent(a wildcard) and this is all before it gets to Pro Tools and the amp plugin.
3-Eleven Lite is REALLY limited and there are several amp sims you should check out, based on your needs(like Amplitube, Line 6 Helix software, Guitar Rig, etc). Watch videos on youtube as pretty much everything is demo'd and/or reviewed there.
4-Maybe you need to back off the recording level? In the world of digital, there is no longer the need to slam the input to get above the noise floor
5-Impulse responses are fine, but absolutely NOT required. What is required is whatever gets you to the sound you want(which we really don't know)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave