View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 AM

Default Re: sonic no noise workflow question

i find that the profiles are pretty versatile.

i worked on a doc that had two problems : car noise and refrigerator noise. a track for each one and, yes, changing the parameters was useful.

i work on a TV show with some pretty harsh kitchen and diner environments. most of the noise for a segment is the same. one for kitchen, one for the restaurant. and, yes, having the ability to automate the parameters is helpful.

in these cases, i mix with the plug-in active on the track and keep working it until i am ready (or the producer is banging on the door) to print.

you have to understand the plug to know about how much the parameter changes affect the sound. i am sure as an experienced mixer know that in the general sense before you know what each parameter does. so, no, in that way, it is not like your LaFont notches and Dolby Box.

i never work without a noise profile.

otherwise, i pull up the AS, paste it into the TDM, work the audio, print it and done.

no, i am not thrilled with the workflow. yes, i wish Digi, who bought (i think) would upgrade it!! i mean, it is pretty much 90's technology. at the time it came out, it was the best before a Cedar, and certainly cheaper. so i am glad i got it.

there are many options now. most of them pretty good. i have the WA, the SONY (now discontinued), and the Izotope. all work. but not on everything. i am glad i still have NoNoise!!

by the way, i did do some comparisons with a Cedar -- some things the Cedar was better at, some things the NoNoise was better at.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash