View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:46 PM

Default Re: bug in Logic, plugins open all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
What changes specifically, the EUCON SDK is already quite large so it might just be Apple needing to EUCONize them?
It seems to me that plugin handling is very different on track stacks by Apple's design.. In a way that Eucon is not expecting.. that's why they're missing sometimes. And there are other similar bugs with Logic X that were not bugs in Logic 9, and I bet they're related.

Track stacks have been a feature since 2013 and those plugins have never worked right with Eucon surfaces. 5 years is quite a while.

To me, it would seem that Eucon is supplemental software and Apple sees fit to make design changes to their DAW which aren't necessarily compatible with Eucon.. And that it's up to Eucon to keep up.

It's sort of like the accessory iphone case vendor needs to fit the new iphone, not the other way around.

That's my guess based on a long history with these products. If I am right, then I am sure these two points were considered by Avid:

1- Changing Eucon may be too much trouble to fix bugs like this.
2- Changing Eucon in this way risks breaking other Eucon apps like Cubase.

If that is true, it would appear that the customers are stuck with no end in sight.