View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Love Carbon but registering sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
Yeah I thought I was ordering to back order, for like 30 days, but they got a shipment the day I ordered, off one was sent. It arrived on 31 January.
It is a standard perpetual Pro Tools license. Support plan up to date through October of 2021. I would enter the redemption code that comes on the black card with the unit. At first two tries it gave me an error that said the number was invalid. It wasn’t. Third time it took, but told me I was no allowed to extend my current plan. (Supposed to be able to extend current plans of standard or ultimate for 1 year.
Yes I read in Avid's documentation
and heard stated on several videos that you will have the choice to choose either the Bundled PT regular license which is 1 year (subscription) license but will revert to a perpetual at the end of the year if you do not re-subscribe, But if you do not re-subscribe, it will revert to a perpetual license at what ever update level it is at that time However as I understand it you will lose the Complete Plugin Bundle and the additional 3rd party plugins unless you buy them

Or you choose to keep both the bundled license and your current license
Or you can extend your current license PT Reg or Ultimate for 1 additional which is what I am going to do

Quote:
Well sort of. I had the complete plugin bundle but had not renewed it, so it was out of date. No HEAT. But now in my iLok has a new authorization for both.

. That is correct. My Products page DOES show the carbon, but no 3rd party plugins. There is a link for the Complete Plugin Bundle, and Carbon documentation, however.
I wonder if the 3rd party plugins are just built into the Bundled PT regular license so that they may not show separately from Bundled PT license in your Products Page like the Complete Plug in bundle does ??

Quote:
I really wanted to extend my support plan, and I most likely would have renewed the complete bundle. I didn’t really want HEAT, but I do want the 3rd party plugs offered.

I am sure Avid can sort it. Only the first issue I’ve had in all these years with Avid (Digidesign), so while a PITA, I am not too upset.
yes I am sure they can sort it out.

BTW when I was downloading all my Products to go on my new iMac I had the same issue with Meoldyne Essential for like three or 4 tries it kept saying the serial number was in the wrong format then the next day I tried it again and it accepted it ???????????????

[QUOTE]
Quote:
The unit itself is stellar in my opinion. It really does sound good. I’ve always been a fan of the tighter integration with Avid software and hardware, when the hardware can meet my needs.

Even though I’ve only had the unit a few days, I’ve explored it enough to really appreciate how clever the hybrid engine is. HDX was not on the horizon for me, but with Carbon, I can use DSP when I need to, and native when not. It fits my growing workflow extremely well.

This is all very encouraging can't wait

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...