View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Horrible VI performance when recording in 2019.10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Did you already check which version of Kontakt or VEpro you are using? Pretty important factor here...
Huh? You are on the wrong track.

The performance differences I have picked up have zero to do with kontakt.. Kontakt only came into the discussion just now as a possible freeware (the player) to use in construction of the standardised performance test..
Ve pro? Will never buy or use that useless thing in my lifetime, sorry.. On the same computer it offers much worse performance than just using the DAW, and also adds latency if you want the performance to be at least decent.. It's totally unsuitable for my use and the results or posts here have nothing to do with VE Pro.. they are just projects in general with a variety of synth based VIs that can't play back anymore as PT 2019 doesn't have the cpu overhead that previous versions had. Because I noticed this, I created some benchmark tests using a couple different random plugin synths to confirm it, and indeed I did.