View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:53 PM

Default Re: 2018.7 So Far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFriedChicken View Post
Unfortunately, there is no supported way to install 10.13.3 since Apple no longer offers the base installation of 10.13. Unless you happened to already update to 10.13 prior to the release of 10.13.4, you're stuck. If you're lucky, you can stay on 10.12.x for a while.

It would be nice if there was more information from Avid regard what it is about the OS that is causing the performance issues. I realize that this may be a complex issue, but the reality is that both Apple and Microsoft are getting aggressive about inducing people to update to later versions at a faster pace. It's no longer realistic for a DAW vendor to simply throw their hands up and say that an OS revision is not supported nearly six months after its general release.
If anyone is interested, it took a lot of searching, but a kind soul at steinberg forums gave me 10.13.2 full installer. I had located one previously here, but the mac wouldn't open it as said it wasn't a signed file (naughty naughty uploader). This one is 100% legit and works.

I am happy to upload it to my dropbox for a while (just a free account) if anyone needs it, i have tested it, works perfectly, sierra recognizes is as the legit installer, no warning pop ups.

it will take me ages due to 2.5 mb/s upload so give me a day I guess.. if you really want it let me know and i'll start uploading now! This will work on any imac pro as imac pro's first came with 10.13.2 :) Then you would just need the 10.13.3 imac pro specific update and you'll have the best high sierra DAW experience possible.