View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 AM

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
When you bought the Pro Tools 9 boxed version in April, 2013, you automatically received a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10, replacing your Pro Tools 9 license. When Pro Tools 11 was released, you automatically received a free upgrade to Pro Tools 11, which replaced your Pro Tools 10 license with a bundled license that includes both Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools 10.

You only own the one license, but it is the current Pro Tools 11 bundled license for both Pro Tools 11 and 10.

That license shows up as installed on your iLok account.

See this Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11 for information on downloading Pro Tools 11 and 10 from your Avid account.

If you are having problems with Pro Tools 10 or 11 recognizing your license, you should probably download and install the latest version of the iLok License Manager.
well i think that is unfair that i had to surrender my license to 9 because that is the one i paid for, which i should always be able to keep the license to the one i paid for, and i have things recorded on their that need to be mastered and put on CD...i never asked for pt 11 and I'm upset that you guys just assume you can scam people like that....i paid for what i wanted if i couldn't keep my other license i would have never got pt 11 also would have been nice if i was informed so basically your telling me my money was wasted on a program i cannot even use??? that's completely unacceptable from such a highly recommended company.

I've had issues ever since day one of buying this program. Also i do have pro tools 11 installed it was working fine for 2 days and now i cant use it at all because i get "unable to locate hardware" in which it does not tell me what hardware. this is so frustrating that such a popular company puts its customers thru this. I am very dissatisfied that i spend all this money on pro tools and i cannot record at all i have had nothing but problems ever since April 2013.